Mechanics Study: The Apostrophe
Writing mechanics provide a framework for creative expression. Whether it's writing stories, poems, or persuasive essays, a solid understanding of mechanics allows children to convey their ideas and emotions more effectively.
This pack contains introductory lessons pertaining to the apostrophe as well as sorts and task cards that will challenge students to apply what they've learned.
Pgs. 2-8 The Apostrophe Suggested Instructions for Use
Pgs. 9-18 The Apostrophe Sorts and Task Cards
- M1- The Apostrophe: Singular Possessives
- M2- The Apostrophe: Plural Possessives
- M3- The Apostrophe: Possessives Sort
- M4- The Apostrophe: Contractions
- M5- The Apostrophe: Contractions
- The Apostrophe Task Cards 1-4
Pgs. 19-21 The Apostrophe Controls